Monday, November 13, 2006

broken pieces and Elmer's glue


Posting is hard for me. I don't know why, I have just never really been the writer in the family, that was mom or Laura's job. But I can't help but post on this. Why? who the heck knows. Chances are no one of consequence will read this, but maybe that is what I am searching for right now. I don't know.
You will often hear me say a phrase along the line of "this is why my life is so hard", but by saying that I am just being another self-consumed member of society who is oblivious to the world around them. 12 years ago the Rwanda genocide rocked the African world, and my ears were closed to it. Now, Darfur is being turned upside down by another genocide and what am I doing? Sitting around complaining about my life. 1% of the population of the world has a University degree and I am complaining about it? I am blessed beyond belief and I am not even thankfuf. I can't see a letter to my MP helping much. They already have the world on their shoulders. Why can't I just go, fix things? I know the answer is prayer, but it is so hard sometimes. I like direct results and simple directions and prayer doesn't come with either. What is this world turning into? What if it was us?

3 comments:

Laura said...

Holy cow - how the heck did you get Blogger Beta and I didn't yet! UGH.

I agree with Jimmy's sentiment though - I think *I* am of consequence, aren't I?

Amy said...

Of course you are both of consequence, but what are the three of us going to do about it? I don't know, I just can't see any of us going over there and standing in the middle of a battle, or reasoning with the UN. Why? Because they wouldn't listen to three youth from Quispamsis, New Brunswick.

rsm said...

Cool. Another blog to read. Keep it up.